Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Moving, Halloween and everything in between.

The countdown is now officially begining, my time left in this amazing country is limited! And as scary as this thought is, I now have something incredibly exciting to look forward - only 8 months until Nicole is going to come and visit me! So that is very, very, very cool. I am now starting to think of all the things we can do in New Zealand with her, so I welcome any suggestions! After being away for so long, I am drawing some blanks. But, I know it will be amazing fun!

So, since I last wrote, quite a lot has happened. After thanksgiving I changed homes, and moved in with my fourth and final family, the Sobolewskis. They are all really lovely, and so far my time here has been Fantastic. To tell the truth however, it really doesn't seem like I have spent much time here recently, with Rotary events, going out with friends, ect. And then, my week long trip to Tampa Bay, Florida!

Florida was a lot of fun. I went down there with my first home mom, Laurie, and we stayed in a house she has down there. We flew out of Buffalo on Wednesday morning, at about 7am and made it to Tampa for just after lunch. We had a very relaxing week, and spent our time at the beach or the shopping mall. I loved being at the beach, because this was the first time I had swum in the ocean since I came to Canada, while  no big deal for Canadians, it's a pretty scary thought for me.
I also got to spend a weekend with my family who live down there, Kelley and George, and my cousins Sarah and Sam. It was great to see them, and we had a lot of fun. It actually made me the most homesick I have been all year, because they all reminded me of my family back home.



I got home early Friday morning, and then that weekend was Halloween! On Saturday I went to a Halloween thing with Mark, (the aussie exchange student) and his host sister, which was awesome! Then, on Sunday I went to Wonderland, the local theme park, where they were hosting 'Fear Fest' - the park is open till midnight, and it is decorated halloween theme, with haunted houses and creepy things all spread out. I went there with Kenzie (rebound), Blair (rebound), Mark, Philipp (Austrian Exchange Student), Marks host sister Ashlynn, her boyfriend Josh, and two of his roommates, Digger and Martin. The later few had all been there on Saturday.


 


So, now it's back into school routine, impossible tests and crazy teachers making an appearance as per usual. Today it is exactly 2 months till I come home...
Lots of love.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment