Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Wow!

Hi Guys!
Wow, I just looked at my last blog entry - I had no idea it had been that long since I last posted!
I have been super busy in the last two months, so I will tell you a bit about May and June in this post, and then I will write again this week, telling you about the Cross Canada Tour, which honestly was the most amazing trip of my life! So, no suspense whatso ever...

When I last wrote, I was preparing to move to my second family. Now, I am preparing to move out of my second family, and into my third! My time spent here with Kathy, Pat, Krystine, Greg, Vanessa, Kyle and Jonathan, was absoulutely a blast! Because of the CCT I was only really here for one month, but even then, I really really enjoyed it. It was a very different experience indeed, having 5 kids in the house, and it was certainly always busy. They also have two dogs -Taz and Nikki, a cat - Cuddles, and a turtle - Mr T, along with multiple fish!

I also spoke about a rotary weekend, where we kinda 'initiated' the 7080 Outbound students. That weekend held at the Missisauga University (refered to as Erindale) was so much fun! The first thing we did was a scavenger hunt around the campus. I was paired with Kricia, my amazing Brazilian girl, and we had a fantastic time. We also placed second, thanks to the stranger we met, who helped us name 49 states of America, and Kricia's valiant muesli-bar juggling attempt.

I helped out at Lobster Fest, which is a Rotary Lobster dinner, hosted by my club in May. There were a lot of people there, and all the exchange students from Burlington, (inbounds outbounds and rebounds) helped out by selling 50/50 tickets. I was with Mille (Denmark) which was hilarious, she is a fantastic sales person ;)
I also got to eat lobster, which was cool! There was a lot left over, so we could have as much as we wanted, and while I only ate one, some people had 2,3, even 4!

Another Burlington event I attendedwas Sound of Music - a huge free music festival held in June, down by the lakeshore. That was a lot of fun, and I wasn't needed to help out there, so I just enjoyed it. I spent the first night there with Emi (outbound, France-bound on August 25th :S ) and we saw the canadian bands Mariana's Trench, and Faber Drive! I also went another night with Nicole, Eric, Jeff, Zack, and some other people from school, which was a lot of fun! We explored the rest of the grounds that night, and went on some of the rides.

And then I left on my CCT the next morning! And that, was amazing. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

Love you all,
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment